I love my husband. God has truly blessed me with a great man. We have been together since we were in high school. Through the years, I have enjoyed watching him grow as a man and a husband. But I get the most joy out of watching him grow as a Daddy. I am so thankful that my kids have such a good Daddy who loves them, and is completely involved in each aspect of their lives.
Those of you who know my husband know he is a complete guy's guy. He loves all things sports, and is super competitive. I had no doubt that he'd be a great dad to our son. They have such a good time together. Dad is his hero, no one else can quite measure up.
When we found out that we were having a girl (and then another girl!), I think he was a little worried. He had two brothers, so girls were a whole new territory. That being said, our daughters have had his heart completely since he first saw their sweet faces. Since that first moment when we had our ultrasounds, his protectiveness kicked in. He was already making rules about dating and boyfriends and our tiny princesses were mere ounces. I pray that when they do get to that point, they will seek to find a boy that is like their daddy, and who loves them with all their hearts.
Their daddy is their world. When he comes home from work, they rush to the door (what a greeting!), to try to claim him first. It warms my heart (as I'm sure it does his!) that they fight over him, and who he holds first. They both love to snuggle with him, and take every opportunity to do so. I love to hear the giggles and squeals that come from them when they are getting tickled.
Each time I see my husband, I am reminded of how blessed I am, as are my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment