Possibly the only thing I miss from my pre-mommy days is sleep. My husband calls me a cat because if I could, I'd sleep all day. I could sleep until noon and not even think twice about it. I was a deep sleeper too, it took a lot to wake me up. In college, my roommate and I slept right through a fire alarm! (Luckily there was no fire, it was just a drill!) I could sleep through storms, people yelling...seriously, if they gave awards out for sleeping, I could have swept up.
But times have changed. Oh how times have changed! All it took was my son being born, and BAM! I'm now the world's lightest sleeper. I wake at any little noise. Someone coughs or sneezes, or takes too loud of a breath, and I'm snapped out of sleep immediately. I've always loved coffee, but now that I wake up through out the night, and my son is an early riser, it holds a special place in my heart!
Will is an early bird (who says God doesn't have a sense of humor!), no matter what time he goes to bed, he always wakes up at the same time. His usual time is around 6:30, but this morning, he strolled into my room at 6:00! Seriously?! It was still dark outside! He's the type of kid who wakes up ready to go. He might lay down again, but he's definitely not going to sleep. Olivia likes to stay up late, and wakes up late. (later than Will anyway!) She, like her mama, is going to need a cup of coffee before she can get moving.
If you still get the luxury of sleeping in, then enjoy it! Meanwhile I will mourn the loss of my sleeping in days...or maybe I'll go take a nap!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment