Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Is it bad?

The past couple of weeks, I've had a very heavy heart. I've been sad for a friend whose life has been turned upside down. Her husband was fired, and they have three small kids. The oldest is Olivia's age, and the youngest is Caroline's. The way he was fired was completely wrong, and now they don't know where they will go, or what he will do. She is my good friend, so it has hit me pretty hard.

I've tried to keep this blog light, so I haven't posted anything. So to continue that way, my friend Kelli did this, so I decided to do it too. You can write me a comment with your own, or post it on your blog! Here goes!

Is it bad that sometimes I let my kids watch way too much TV for a day just so I don't have to hear them argue & whine?

Is it bad that sometimes I "forget" about the clean dry towels in the dryer, and they only get taken out the next week when I need the dryer?

Is it bad that I have no desire EVER to own a dog?

Is it bad that when I bake cookies with my kids, it's usually because I want cookies?

Is it bad that when I bake said cookies, I usually end up eating most of them?

Is it bad that even though I hated it as a kid, I get a certain satisfaction of saying "Because I said so!" to my kids?

Is it bad that I still get sucked into reality TV? (I'm so glad Jillian finally let go of Wes! What a jerk!)

Is it bad that my son (5) already knows that mommy is not a morning person, so he bypasses my room to come straight downstairs to watch cartoons?

Is it bad that right now I have two folded baskets of laundry in my room that need to be put away, but I'm writing this post instead?

Is it bad that if I'm home alone, I sometimes make bedtime earlier so I can watch TV?

Ok, now it's your turn!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Very nice. I always make bedtime earlier when I'm home alone too. So, no - of course that's not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have NO desire to have a dog. And I put the kids to bed as early as possible on a night I'm with them alone.

    So see? It's not so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could completely copy all of that and paste it on my own blog! None of that stuff is bad! I think it's normal when you're a mom with three little kids! Besides, every mom needs a little break now and then...if that means baking cookies because you want them or letting the laundry pile up so you can post a blog. It keeps you sane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have you beat on all of those...

    Is it bad that my daughter (who is not yet 3), uses the word "freaking" all the time and in the correct way?

    I guess it is better than another choice of words but she does use it.

    ReplyDelete