Friday, June 19, 2009

9 years!


Wow, 9 years! It doesn't even seem possible that we have been married 9 years. We say that, and then realize that we have a kid who is going to kindergarten in the fall! I have been so blessed that God has provided me with a great husband who also happens to be a wonderful daddy to my kids.

God brought him into my life when I was 14 years old, and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was going to be my husband. I actually met him at church when I was in eighth grade, and I had an instant crush on him...he was so cute! The next year when I was a freshman in high school, we both went to another school's homecoming dance with other people. We ended up sitting across from our respective dates, but next to each other, and that was the first time we officially talked. The rest is history!

He proposed to me the summer after my freshman year at college. The next summer we were married. I was 19, (almost 20) and he was 22. We were such babies! Our wedding was so great, everyone told us what a fun time they had. It was raining that day, and I remember everyone (literally everyone!) telling me that rain on your wedding day was supposed to be good luck. We honeymooned in Mexico which was great. We were both full time college students, and working, but it didn't matter because we were in love! We lived first in a tiny (seriously, I think the whole place was about as big as our master bedroom & bathroom now!) apartment, then lived in crummy married housing through his scholarship, a nice apartment, our first house, and finally the house we live in now, our house which we plan on being in indefinitely.

In 2002, we were blessed with a pregnancy, but it ended in miscarriage. This was definitely a big low in my life, but not in our marriage. He was my rock. God used this to bring us closer as a couple, and also in our relationship with Him. We were blessed soon after with another pregnancy, our son. It was a joyous time for us! During that pregnancy, we had to trust God completely. We found out that our son had some markers for genetic abnormalities. Again, he was my rock! Our son ended up being completely healthy. Then we were blessed again with our daughter. She was born 2 1/2 weeks early, tiny, but healthy. We were blessed for a third time with our sweet baby girl. Since our babies have been born I have been able to stay at home. I'm thankful that God gave me a man who supports me being home even if it means he works a little more.

I have learned that my husband is the calm one in stressful situations, and in turn keeps me calm. He frustrates me sometimes, but most of the time makes me so happy, and makes me laugh like no other! I love to watch how he grows as a man and father. He is a great dad who thoroughly enjoys his kids. I am sure anyone who knows him is not surprised that he is the "fun" parent, however the kids know that when daddy gets mad, it's serious!

I am so thankful that God brought him into my life, and that he brought us together. He is my best friend, and love. There are still sometimes I can't even believe we got married. I am blessed to have him in my life, and share my life with him!




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 9 years! Family is definitely as blessing, never to be taken for granted :)

    ReplyDelete