Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Sweet Caroline




*sigh* Caroline is 9 months old. It doesn't even seem possible that she can be that old already. She is my last baby and for some reason I seemed to think that time would go slower with her, but instead it has flown by. I don't remember time going this fast with Will & Olivia.

She is such a good baby! I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom. God has truly blessed us with her presence. Since the beginning, Caroline has been very content, and relaxed. She doesn't cry that much, and when she does, she is easily pacified. She is very happy and friendly. She started smiling at 5 weeks old, and they were real smiles. She began sleeping through the night at 10 weeks, which was much earlier than my other two. She put herself on a great schedule that worked out wonderfully for me, and she has stuck to it. She absolutely loves her brother and sister, and is mesmerized by them. She and Olivia are already like two peas in a pod. Olivia can get laughs out of her like no other! She has started waving, says "mama" & "dada", and is babbling all the time. She is on the verge of crawling...she's up on her hands & knees rocking back and forth. Don't get me wrong, she can get to where she wants to go by rolling or inching like a little worm. Her favorite foods right now are cheerios and bananas. She loves to be held (which I gladly indulge her in!), and is definitely a mommy's girl and that is fine by me!

Caroline was our surprise baby. We had not completely ruled out having three kids, but at the time we said we were good with two. God timing and plans (not mine!) are perfect, and he has made that evident to me time and time again. God knew that I needed this sweet little baby in my life, and he knew that I needed her then. I did not realize how much I needed her until she was here. She has brought so much joy to our family, and I cannot imagine our family being complete without her. God was with me through my pregnancy with Caroline, and through her delivery, (which will have to be another post in itself!), and I give Him the glory each day for entrusting me with one of his miracles!

I love you Caroline!






1 comment: