Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Tooth Fairy


Well, we are officially a stop on the Tooth Fairy's route! On Saturday Will lost his first tooth! This tooth has been loose forever, it was one of those that was just hanging...I don't know how it survived this long! Jason tried several times to talk Will into letting him pull it out. Will wasn't buying it. In fact he got a slight look of terror when Jason suggested tying it to a door knob and slamming the door! My friend even bribed him with some nutter butters if he'd pull it out. Will was having none of it. He actually thought about that one though!

So Saturday morning we were getting ready for family pictures. I told him to go to his room and get his shoes on. He jumped off our bed (which he's not supposed to do!) and ran to his room. He came tearing back in about 2 seconds later yelling "MOM, DAD!! LOOK!" We looked, and in his hand was a white little square! I think it took us a minute to realize it was his tooth. Seriously, I thought this tooth was the indestructible tooth, I mean it had even survived corn on the cob! (one of our attempts to get it out!) He was so excited, and couldn't believe it came out.

Well without a doubt, the Tooth Fairy showed up at our house that night. She left Will an envelope with his name on it, and a 5 dollar bill! I know, I know generous Tooth Fairy! (Actually there was a choice between a 5 dollar bill & a 1 dollar bill.) However she did make a disclaimer to Will (via Mommy) that the $5 was a first time tooth only deal. Because you know as well as I do that my smart firstborn would be telling everyone of how the Tooth Fairy gypped him out of $4!

I can't believe my "baby" is old enough to lose a tooth! He doesn't have the normal gap toothed grin though. His permanent tooth is already pretty much in! Indestructible baby tooth remember? Now my only question is what does the Tooth Fairy do with all the teeth she collects?

1 comment:

  1. Hey will your tooth fairy come to my house? I was just going to ask if you still wanted pics done. I am glad you found someone to do it, hopefully it is the person who has done them in the past. Great chatting with you today!

    ReplyDelete