As I sit and write this, the mounds of chaos around my house are slowly growing. It seems that as soon as I get things done (laundry, dishes...etc.) it is time for me to start over. I just mopped my floor, but you can't tell. It's an ongoing process that never ends. It is so frustrating to me!
As I think about that, it makes me think of my house growing up. My mom's house was always clean. Always. And her house has always been bigger than the one I live in, so her work was probably doubled.
I don't remember ever seeing random laundry baskets (clean or dirty) sitting around. She always had dinner on the table by the time my dad got home. And I mean dinner. Not her scrambling around like I do sometimes saying, "oh I forgot to defrost the ground beef...how about if we have pizza (again!) or pasta?" I don't recall ever seeing dirty dishes piled up in the sink. She always got up with us, and made all of us (me, my brother & dad) breakfast, I mean it wasn't a 5 course meal, but she was up with us. I obviously get up with my kids and give them breakfast, but my poor hubby is on his own. She packed lunches for me and my brother, and sent us all off to work/school. I am at a loss of how my mom kept up with everything, and wasn't totally exhausted all the time. Granted she only had 2 kids and we are ten years apart, but she still went through the same stages that I am going through with my kids. And it's not like she never left the house or anything. She was a leader in her Bible study, and would go to lunch or play dates with her friends. I know she watched a soap too, so it's not like she never took time to just sit and relax.
I guess I just took her for granted all those years. So thanks mom, for working so hard for your family. Thanks for being supermom!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVED reading this! I wonder about this all the time! And I only have Cooper! I can only imagine what it will be like when I have my second. But seriously... when I was little, our house was always clean, organized and dinner was always made. Why can't I be more like my mom? I guess our Moms really are super moms!?!
ReplyDelete